Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Day 18 - How I mediate...

There is no right or wrong way to meditate, there is however ways that are more effective than others ways.

Earphones 
Related imageI play soft music or use guided meditation. I try my best not to be distracted. I particularly like earbuds, they're a lot more comfortable. 

Aroma therapy
I burn oil everyday to create a pleasing scent to the atmosphere. I like to smell something pleasant and not my old shrimp shells left in the trash the day before. It'll lower your stress, affects your dreams, helps you concentrate and promotes comfort.

Lighting
I sit in complete darkness or turn on a dim light like my Himalayan salt lamp. You can use candles or a night light. If you choose darkness then I recommend wearing an eye mask for an ultimate way of keeping out visual distraction. 

Sit in Nature
The park is a great place to be with nature. Try the beach too, as long as you're outside, you're in an ideal place of nature. Observe and listen, feel and acknowledge. 


Breathing
Consciously breathe, fill you lungs and exhale. Continue to do this slowly throughout the session. This brings your subconscious mind to the fore front. This fills your body with oxygen, relaxes you, reduces anxiety and increases focus. 



Burn Sage
When you want to cleanse your home, the environment and even yourself to release negativity burning sage can help you. Must burn at your own risk, this practice seems to unleash the negative to fill the space with the positive. Pray and speak out loud and set your intention. Always replace anything you release with something positive.

Meditation can be anything. It's primarily being aware.

I.e. Eating meditation - acknowledge picking up your food on the fork. Acknowledge chewing your food. Acknowledge the food going down. Acknowledge and feel the food travel down your throat to the colon.

Walking meditation
Driving meditation
Aerobic meditation
Shower meditation
Cellphone meditation 
Dressing meditation
Etc. You can make up your own.   

I recommend meditating everyday at least for 10 minutes. Focus on gratitude: I am thankful for ...

Life: I love my life, I smile on my existence...

Emotions: I acknowledge my pain... I will not be defeated...

Healing: I choose healing...  I am freeing my self from my pain..

Let your heart guide you and listen...

Love & Light















Xoxoxoxo
TaNizzle

Namaste