Thursday, February 6, 2014

fReaK sHoW!


Written by: TaNae S.



Some people live in a circus

With clowns and monkeys

Seals and donkeys

Hookers and Junkies

Hanging on the trapeze of life

With no harness and no safety net

Roaring louder than the lions

With constant complaints

Of haters and fakers

Troublemakers and heartbreakers

It’s been complete non-sense

And it’s really becoming a nuisance

In every sense of the word

Now, ever since

I’ve been confused and disturbed

So I ask...

What if it’s my life that’s the freak show?

And I'm The ultimate freak

Because I don’t let the swag affect me

Although it’s juggling most and it's flinging the rest

Denouncing the beautiful ones

And dethroning the best

Degrading the respected

Ripping the S from their chest

It has scholars & achievers Failing and cheating on test

The swag is making them sag and it's dragging them down so low

That they can’t even walk

In a minute, their pants will become a thing of the past

In a year it’ll be history

His and hers and his story

We’re falling so fast

I say we because 

I am an extension of you and 

You of them and them of us

And because he didn’t

Now she can’t and

Ours won’t since they wouldn’t

But they are I and I am we and

I can change the world by changing me

Maybe it’s just me

Perhaps my life’s the freak show

And I'm The Ultimate freak

Because I don’t think sluts and thugs, slackers and users are cute

Fortunately my mother was not a mute

We used to learn things from the television

But now it’s a block-a-vision

And displays a cruel extension of a false reality

Filled with attention grabbers

Dream stabbers

Table dancers

Breast enhancers

Butt, lip, cheek plumpers

Random humpers

Traffic is bumper to bumper

Juggling the balls of so many men

Women and women

Men on Men

Texting while driving

Don’t drink and drive

When will it freaking end

Suppose my life’s the freak show

and I'm the ultimate freak

If I try to eat healthy and organically

So I don’t become a side show elephant

Blow up to a fatty blimp

And start feeling insignificant

Swallow my self esteem with my fast food

And cry over the irrelevant

Make excuses that I’m sick of and I throw up

Not knowing what it truly meant

To be Popping Big Pharmaceutical pills

Because I can't control my disease

My mind ain't at ease

and I’ll never be skinny

Because commercials are a tease

I’m fat and I can’t control it

I've death gripped my will to stop

But Can I ever let go of it

Maybe my life’s the freak show

And I'm the supreme fReaK

TBC...






*May you look in the mirror and always see something beautiful.