Wednesday, February 12, 2014

CUPID'S WEEK!! DAY 3 - Who do you love?

Who do you love?
Written By: TaNae Sanders





What happens when you look into the eyes of a Huntsman? 
A huntsman who's possessed by love. An uncontrolled addiction to creating it and changing it. You fall that's what happens, you fall into a trance that makes you feel like the earth has erupted with a new type of love and everything around you suddenly becomes perfect but truthfully speaking, it's just a spell.


It's just he and I and I am staring at the central part of his arrow, stricken by the thought that I am in love with him and although vague, I could not remember the reasons why.



I stood there threatened in silence and stuck in hesitancy. I couldn't move. 

"Who do you love?" He asked

His abrupt step forward sent me in a state of resistance. "There was never a such thing, right?"

"WRONG! Who do you love?" He asked again and took another step closer.

My heart beating faster now. I replied anyway,

"I love love, I love myself"

"What about us?"  he steps closer, his aiming eye fixated solemnly on his target, my physical heart.

 "Why are you doing this Cue?"

He exhaled and the pause was endless.


"Because I need to know that people can fall in love and stay in love. You're the only person I believed has loved for real even after being struck." 


His bow is lowered a few inches and a sense of relief comes over me.

"You may have lost your sense of true love and it's because I've manipulated it, I've manipulated us. My obsession has created this fabricated realism" he confessed

"Then you've got to stop it now or there will be nothing left." I spoke as if I understand what this was truly about.

"I don't know how." He mumbled as if he didn't want to say it out loud that the very thing that he controlled actually consumed him. 

Perhaps the tear drop that rolled down his face showed me that he was not only a real person with emotions but he desired to live in reality.

"So, I'm going to need you to answer the question"

I didn't want to answer it, it felt like a loaded question and I was scared. Cupid was convinced that my love was real but I couldn't understand why.

"You struck me remember, so how can my love be genuine?"


There was a secret that awaited behind his eyes that needed to be said.

"Because, because I struck you more than once."

"WHAT? but you said you never do that because-"

"But I did, I'm a desperate man."

"How many times?" my voice trembled

"Three"

"I don't get it!  Why would you do that?"

"I needed to reverse the first strike, because, I, made you love me but I didn't want you to love me this way, it was phony, you said all the right things, you were like a robot.
I regretted doing that to you and I wanted your love in the purest of ways so I struck again freeing you from under my spell and I knew that meant you would fall for someone else.

 After seven years I couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't bear the thoughts another second, especially due to my own foolish actions to see the woman I loved embraced in another man's arms, laughing and smiling at him, touching him and loving him. The agony I lived in was torture. But the guilt eventually faded and I had the power to have you all to myself again and I didn't care if it was real or not. That's when I followed you to the Bayou and I waited to strike, I waited until your view was in lined with the path that I walked away from, you saw me and I just knew you loved me again, but you didn't run after me, you didn't yell for me. But you whispered my name "Cue"! This time it's more gradual rather than instantaneously, something I've never done before. Only one other time had I struck twice and it was heartbreaking."

"Geez! I feel so betrayed."

"I'm sorry"

" This is my heart and my mind. You can't go around doing this to people, you did this to me and it's wrong. How is it that you think what I feel is real?"


He dropped his bow to his side and placed his hand on my face. I couldn't even look him in the eyes.


"Because when I followed the two of you in the Bayou, I felt your eyes seek me and you found me and you called my name and I heard it, it's as if you knew I was there, that was before I'd even touched my arrow. I believe then that your love never faded and that it had to be real"

"How can you be so sure?"

"I'm not sure! And I'm ready to make that happen if it isn't real because I need you, I want you and I love you!"

 He lifted the bow and aimed his arrow at my heart. "So I ask, who do you love?"



*Just let Love be!