Thursday, February 13, 2014

CUPIDS WEEK!! DAY 4 - Cupid Pays a Price

Cupid Pays A Price
-Confessions of a woman who ain't got time fa dat! 
Written by: TaNae S.




I'm the reason Cupid went blind
I stabbed him in the eyes, with every arrow I could find
I figured, he couldn't control anything, if he couldn't see
So I took matters into my own hands, so that he could never be
The person who thought he could just, come around and regulate love
as if our own hearts deciding, just wouldn't be enough
I hand cuffed him to the bed post, and bandaged both his eyes
Tattooed Love Sucks on his forehead, and the word HATE on his thighs
I forced him to listen to songs, degrading romance and desire
while he couldn't help smell the smoke, of rose petals on fire
Cupid was being tortured and he couldn't take it anymore
he promised to never shoot another person, with his life he had swore
But I don't think that I can trust you, running around thinking that you're God
Frozen hearts that think their thawed
Repaired heart by a broken broad
perfect love from someone  flawed
faking romance with the best facade
Who do you think you are?
I've never gotten over you, trying to choose for my heart
When I finally ended the pain, you took me back to the start
Cupid should never shoot twice
Because my heart aches again
Cupid pays the price
Somebody has to, you're the one who runs this game
When Karma's knocking on my door prepare to feel the flame
I'm handing you over to them, cause you're the one to blame
I cried forever because of your choices and that's as bad as your aim
Love, You don't deserve to claim
I'm not the only one affected by your control
One day you will hurt the same.







* May you know when to trust YOUR heart and YOUR mind
when it's love you seek to find.