Monday, October 13, 2014

How I see me may not be how you see me...


I have been on the natural hair journey for the past 4 years and finally all of the relaxer is gone, never to return.

When I say natural, I mean without chemicals, perms/relaxers, but using organic and real natural ingredients. I still wear braids and I will wear a weave, but my real hair is natural and actually more healthier.

 

My natural hair has indeed been a challenge. I was so used to straight hair, easy to comb thru, washing it took like 10 minutes...NOW... no I have come to terms that, that isn't how my hair works and I'm okay with that.

Washing: Literally takes me about 30 - 45 minutes and I have to do it in the shower. I have to part my hair in sections of 4-6 to prevent a massive tangling situation.

THIS IS NOT ME >>>

Drying: Same thing....or I've let it air dry before.

Since I'm new to the natural hair world, I don't have a style that I like yet so I just press it out, grease it up. My hair is a thirst bucket for oil and stuff, it will suck every bit until it's dry.

I'll just throw it in a ponytail, claw or a braid. Oh yeah, if there's a hint of moisture in the air...the press out is gone.

Ever heard of "Shrinkage"...yes I have that. My hair is very kinky and can be course if I slack on my oiling it... that's when your hair does this (below). When it's wet and then dried, it's short but when you straighten it out, it's almost 75% longer than it's actual length. DO NOT be deceived by Shrinkage.


I have to say that going natural is the most liberating thing I've ever done for my appearance, for my pride, for my health, my self worth. It feel's good not to conform. I feel much more beautiful being myself and there are women who are in the same boat and we love who we are.

I do highly encourage women to put down the creamy crack, yes it makes our hair manageable, but it strips it of it's natural oils and protein (That's Not Good) I know, I did it for almost 20 years + it's not good for your health.  I did holistic research for many years and honestly if you can't eat it, it doesn't belong on your skin/ scalp/hair....IJS. That's in another life time for many people. You can use natural products that are much more healthier.





* Love this: I wish you could see your beauty from my view....it's breathtaking.